Failure Lab

Collision Works has the honor to help host and sponsor Detroit's first Failure Lab, an honest conversation about when things don't always work the way we want them [...]

Bon Voyage First Container

We have spent six beautiful months camped out in Eastern Market in our mahogany paneled steel box and it is time for us to both make way for the Christmas Trees [...]

Seek Eastern Market

As part of the Detroit Design Festival, Collision Works and First Container will be hosting the event: SEEK EASTERN MARKET Thursday, September 19th, 2013 7pm [...]

Taj Cleans the Garage- at First Container!

Children's books usually have a goal with what it's set out to teach. Renee Prewitt’s new children’s book, Taj Cleans the Garage, has a very specific [...]

Book in a box at First Container!

From June through October we will be offering a selection of books about the Detroit experience through the Detroit Public Library. You can check out these books [...]

Thanks Niobe!

Niobe is Collision Works’ intern-extraordinaire. She is in fact a 21-year-old senior at the University of Michigan, with a concentration in Art and Design, psychology, [...]

Story: Keeping The Faith

Today's story comes from Dorothy. She talks about how Detroit is on the rise and offers her reasons for why that's so. We completely agree with her. [...]

Story: Ivory & Ossian

Last night I went to the Virgil Carr Center to listen to Ivory Williams tell 'Stories For Grown-ups.' If you live in Detroit he is someone to seek out. Send him [...]

Story: A Girl Changemaker

Last month I had the pleasure to speak with a class of fifth graders at the Plymouth Charter School in Detroit about being a change-maker. I talked to them [...]

Story: Long Live The City Of Trees

This is a story from Marsha Lynn Battle Philpot, Kresge Art Fellow. Marsha is a lifelong Detroiter, new friend of Collision Works, and a beautiful, compassionate, [...]